New York City is the cultural capital of United States and home to many world-class museums, galleries and exhibition centers. There are so many options for art lovers. It can be harder for them to decide where to start. The New York City has a treasure of modern-art centers, galleries and exhibitions. In fact, the city is an ideal pick for the art lovers and for those who want the next level of artistic creations. If you really decide this place for your artistic visit then it is just a beginning. You will get everything beyond your imagination and thoughts. So, prepare well for the most amazing experience of visiting world’s best museums and art galleries in the New York City.
Most Infamous Museums and Art Galleries in the New York City
For the full and memorable experience of New York City, do not forget to include following artistic sites. Most infamous and popular museums and art galleries of the New York City are:
- The 9/11 museum: 9/11 attack was the most tragic events in the history of the United States. World famous twin towers were completely destroyed in this attack. The museum is the significance of this event and those individuals who are the victims of this event. You can visit the site anytime between 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. Entrance charges are different as per the age. Entry is free for the children under 7.
- American Museum of Natural History: This museum was established in the year of 1869. The museum has dioramas lining that offers the tourists and visitors a view of biological systems and human environments through time. The main attraction of this museum is the demonstration of a Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Stegosaurus and duck-billed dinosaur with fossil skeletons at the 4th One, who wants to visit the museum and exhibition, should pay some amount for the entry.
- Whitney Museum of American Art: It is one of the well-known and beautiful art galleries of New York City. The gallery has such an exceptional record. Around 2000 sculptors, filmmakers, painters, architects and artists represented their talent. It is one of the highly visited art galleries of the city. Weekends are very busy so you need a reservation during the big and major exhibitions. You can visit on weekdays to avoid the rush. Charges for the entry are as per the age of the visitor.
- Frick collection: It is one of the smallest museums with the fabulous collection of artistic creations in the New York City. Here you will get regular running exhibitions and concert of classical music. It is an intimate space so it is good to book the tickets in advance. Entry of children below 10 years is free.
- The cloisters: This masterpiece was developed in the year of 1930. This masterpiece art centre has around 5,000 artifacts including statues, ornate metalwork, glass pieces and tapestries. Officially, the entries are free but few charges are applicable as per their regulations.
New York City will never disappoint you when it comes to cultural and historical attractions. You can visit above-mentioned galleries and museums for the real joy. Many are free and few are paid. One thing is guaranteed in all these art centers and this is the real peace of mind.